2010年6月16日水曜日

The Reconstruction of Kobe


I thought it would be a good chance to visit Kobe, so I got off the train there on my way to Kyushu and went to Nagata area.
I couldn’t imagine how bad the tragedy for the town had been after it was hit by the earthquake two years ago. The only old building which had been built before the earthquake was Nagata-Shinto shrine. Because it had been built far away from other buildings, it wasn’t burnt. There were only apartments there which had been built rapidly and easily-they were not designed well and built only to live in.
In front a long wall being built, a worker with a helmet was leading a truck. Looking at the barrack stores easy constructed after earthquake, I remembered the news of the earthquake.
But I thought the people who lived in Kobe when I rode with the subway looked normal. Most of people must be mentally injured, but I couldn’t seem any feeling so tragic and awful on their figures. I thought our mental injuries come up and heal under the disguise of ordinary life.
When I was walking in the center of the town for a few minutes, I couldn’t stop weeping because I felt that the little town Kobe was going to reconstruct for a new hopeful future. I had been confused about everything because I had been weary of the daily life in Tokyo and I had often felt negative. But I was encouraged by the town. I felt it said I wasn’t the only one who felt pain and it was great that I could come here.
“Why is a person born? What is the energy for living?”
I couldn’t get the answer, no matter how I kept thinking. But I could solve the questions as if the window of Kyushu-Nippo-main line.
“There is no answer. It is only important that you think about it.”
It seemed somebody answered this to me over the quiet Japanese mountains outside the train window.
“Yes, if you feel stressed you have to travel, don’t you?” I whispered to MOMO― the heroine of the nursery story written by Michael Ende.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿