2010年4月4日日曜日

Amazing Grace


I studied "Ave Maria" first inLatin, by Gounod and "Gianni Schicchi” followed by Italian in succession. But I couldn’t get my own vocals easily.
Meanwhile, I spoke with my voice trainer who suggested we sing "Amazing Grace" which I had tried one day at a culture center in Shibuya last month.
My impression, as I watched on TV, the American nation unite and sing after the terrorist incident (September 11, 2001) of New York is fresh and vivid in my memory.
When I sang it once more, I felt its splendid music, that causes a big movement with waves, being sung by various people of many countries, each in their own way.
It is said that this song was sung to expiate the sin of the slavery by emigrants from U.K. to U.S.A., but to tell the truth, it is not so well understood in detail.
Anyway, I heard it has been sung and inherited, from person to person.
As it has been sung in U.S.A. , often called a racial melting pot, it wraps warmly around and heals us.
I was able to sing it naturally, because I’m fond of English, even though I have I’ve never sung before.
"First"、I said to myself, “Let’s memorize it.” Then, I went to a restaurant to read the score many times, while eating a sandwich.
“Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wreck like me
I once was last but now I’m found
Was blind but now I see

‘Twas grace that taught heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come
‘Tis grace have brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home”(by Emiko Shiratori)

But there happened a question in my mind who have ever helped me.
I listened for trial one of diva being the topic of this year when I went to a CD shop after that.
However, After all, I decided I’m going to pursuing this wide world little and little, as possible as I can, through I had lessons by various instructors.
Anyway, I can feel the reaction is different each only by my taking the song’s name nevertheless it is known by all.
Receiving each thought, I want to gather up my “Amazing Grace” with the warmth as a movie “American Kilt”

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿