2010年4月9日金曜日

The Notebook from the English Grammar Class


“For you have difficulty hearing, you should major in Japanese. The teacher interviewing the examinees told me. I thought it was unexpected. When I was in high school, I didn’t like ancient writings and Chinese writings, and I thought it was unbearable studying them any more. My English was not good, but I had prepared for my class everyday. It was not hard for me to study it everyday. Therefore I took the examination for the English major.
Before the college entrance examination, my home tutor gave a cold to me, and I caught cold and couldn’t get out of the bed for month. I could go to the graduation ceremony, but I couldn’t enter college that year. I couldn’t remember most of what I’d learned in the past any longer. I couldn’t pass most of the examination next year, either and I was going to have the last examination.
My parents prayed for my passing somewhere. At last, I could come up to their expectations. I was humiliated very much, as if I was caught on the last step of stairs after rolling down, but I went to the entrance with the best score in the department.
The first lecture after entering school was of the English grammar class. Suddenly teacher pointed at me. I thought he was a dismal teacher. I couldn’t answer because I didn’t know what to say and I was answering. From then he had not asked to me answer for two years.
But Mr. didn’t you know that all the answers in the class for two years were my answers from my notebook.
In any case, it was a joy for me to read and write English. It was as if solving a puzzle for me preparing for English classes.
When I came to school in the morning, someone would always ask me to borrow my notebook.

And someone else would copy it, and then it extended all of my class mates. I could get full scores for the English grammar. It was supposed to be hard to pass those tests. Even so, he continued to ignore me.
And there came the graduation day. At the party after ceremony, Mr. F said to me sorry, and also said “I read your thesis.”
I couldn’t be the preventative, but I was appraised for the thesis I wrote for the tragedy of Shakespeare. I thought it was too late to be respected then.
I have got into the habit of walking forward repelling. I think it is just being human to prejudice, but on the other side, I pray there will come the day when there is no prejudice, in people.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿