2010年5月9日日曜日

The Death of a Rugby Player


 There were something brought about by the death of a young man, it was neither grief nor despair. Although not many people knew that be lived in such a way that brought brightness and hope in other people’s lives.
He was a rugby player who died from a brain tumor when he was only 18 years old. Although I never met him I knew of him from my mother who was very good friends with his mother. His mother had written an essay about him called“Flying to heaven” or “The Ascension”in a book entitled Hisho (published by Shuei-sha in Japan) and a best-seller in1978. It is a record of his adolescence describing how he lived. I was touched by his history. There is a photograph printed in the book which shows him laughing. I had it in my bag when I went to school.
 I don’t like philosophy called ,“kajinhakumei (ka beautiful + jin person + haku thin + mei life)which literally translated to,―”a beautiful woman is destined to die young.; however beauty and fortune seldom go together. (Origin: Chinese classics). I wondered why such a nice boy had to die. He was so innocent.
Although he endured much pain from the tumor and was afraid of those around him, he didn’t complain.
I know I’m neither a saint nor noble man, but I say it is better to show happiness than to cry and complain. Yet, I have pains, in my body and have been feeling anxious about my health more than anything recently , because I’ m getting older .
I don’t think I should say that “I should have died” because someone like him. But I feel that the strongest prayer for me calling his name in my mind. Doing that makes my heart felt lighter, as if I went through a tunnel. As a result my pain unre lentlessly lessened.
A young man’s life which is full of troubles can change with a little hope pray of us.
Life is paradox. I believe that if live by goodness, hope won’t be lost.  

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿